Plato TT-95 Lead Free Tip Refresher
Improves Oxidized Soldering Tips
Plato TT-95 Tip Refresher is suitable for fast and effective cleaning of the soldering iron tip, which already can not be cleaned with a sponge or napkins.
Plato’s Tip-Tin provides fast, efficient cleaning and re-tinning of highly oxidized soldering iron tips safely and efficiently. This thermally-stable compound is lead-free, ESD, and environmentally safe.
A well-tinned soldering tip improves operator performance and satisfaction. Just wipe the oxidized soldering tip at normal soldering temperature into the tip tinner for a few seconds until the bright tinning surrounds the working end of the tip. Wipe excess residue on a wet cellulose sponge
How to Use –
1. Optimal tip temperature for refreshing it is from 300 to 360˚C. At the proper temperature: Tip refresher dissolves while producing some smoke and bubbles. At a lower temperature: Pieces of the Tip refresher may stick to the tip.
Continue to heat up for a while. At a higher temperature: Smoke and bubbles are produced with a creaking sound when the tip is dipped.
Lower the tip temperature.
2. Dip the hot tip into the tip refresher.
3. Apply solder to the tip. Then carefully clean it with a moist sponge.
4. If the tip is still unclean, repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
Make sure you completely remove the tip cleaner from the tip before starting to solder PCBs. If the tip cleaner remains on the tip, it may stick to the PCB and corrode components.
- Extends life of tip
- Halogen free
- Easy to use
- Removes oxides on tips, re-coats the tip with tin, and restores solder wetting capability
- Provides improved soldering performance
|Net Content||20 g
|Physical State||Solid (powder)|
|Melting Point||320ºF / 160ºC|
|Country of Origin||United States
|If the abrasive remains on the soldering tip when soldering, the abrasive will be attached to the printed circuit board, it is possible to produce erosion and damage to the circuit board, please remove completely the abrasive from soldering tip after soldering tip regeneration.|
|Download Safety Data Sheet|